Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thirty Days to a Better You

There's something about a challenge that makes me want to give everything I've got - to just go all out and be the best I can be. Do you react the same way?

The summer before my 10th grade year I participated in one of SUSIE Mag's 30-Day Challenges back when the magazine was called Brio and it helped to push me spiritually, mentally, physically, and intellectually. I'm so thankful for how the challenge encouraged me in my walk with Christ, and so I decided to have my own challenge for myself and you, my lovely readers. Also, lately Christ has been teaching me how our bodies aren't our own - they belong to Him and specifically to the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us. Thus, we have the responsibility to care for them in a way that glorifies God.

Therefore, for the next 30 days, we'll be pursuing holiness by offering our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is our spiritual act of worship (Romans 12:1).

Starting tomorrow, for the next 30 days, (Feb. 13th-March 12th) commit to:

Give up sugar
Read the book of John and the book of Proverbs
Memorize Isaiah 53 (if you've already memorized this passage, then memorize Romans 12)
Read Radical by David Platt (if you've already read it, read A Radical Idea, also by David Platt)
Exercise for 30 minutes 3x a week
Keep a prayer journal every day for the next 30 days

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. -Ephesians 3:20-12

May God give you the power, strength and endurance to complete the challenge! God bless.

P.S. I've created a Facebook event for the challenge, which you are welcome to join. =)
P.P.S. Please leave a comment or email me at hazzelelponi54 @ rocketmail dot com if you plan to participate in the challenge and let me know if you have any questions!



1 comment:

Elisha said...

Good for you!!!! :)