Thursday, August 4, 2011

Image-ine

Ever wonder why this blog has the name it has? The story behind it is actually pretty simple.

When I first created this blog it was so that my dear friend April who did not have Facebook at the time could see photos I was taking, particularly ones of my beautiful home country, Papua New Guinea. My life as a missionary kid has been a blessing indeed and you can read a speech about my experiences that I gave a couple of years ago on my other blog, Jessica's Journal. I'm hoping to post my testimony very soon, so stay tuned!

Majestic Mountain

Being the creative girl that I am (not!) I thought of the song I Can Only Imagine by Amy Grant as I was pondering what name to give my blog. At the time, I must have been listening to the song frequently. It's still one of my favorite songs, but I don't listen to it very often anymore because my interests in music are always shifting. I also chose the name Image-ine because when a photographer wants to capture an image, he or she will often imagine the image in their head before pulling out their camera to shoot.

That's it. The reasons behind why I named my blog what I did.

However, since then, I've come to realize even more why that name suits this blog. For a number of years I was fascinated with reading through Revelation, and for as long as I've been a devoted Christian, I've always been eager for the day of Christ's return. Pursuing Christ through Photography is my blog's tagline and what an excellent underlying theme it is! I'm pursuing photography as a God-given talent and imagining what being in the very presence of God forever and ever will be like! Maybe this hits home even more because I'm a missionary kid who's had to say so many goodbyes in a short lifetime. For whatever the reason and unbeknownst to me when I first started Image-ine, the name has grown exponentially in significance.

Love Your Life

Have any questions for me? I'd love to answer them! Take a moment to share the meaning behind your blog's name if you'd like. :)

2 comments:

rachel esther said...

This is such a lovely post Jessica!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Jess, it's lovely to see you using photography for God.
I like Amy Grant!!! My blog name is just my name, pretty boring hey. hehe