Thursday, March 22, 2012

A New Thing.

This past week has been rather rough and I've been tempted to just let studying go. In fact, I've sort of pushed it to the wayside, wasting quality time just listening to music and editing photos. There's nothing wrong with doing either of those activities, but when they're taking away from homework time, that's when they become a problem.

It doesn't help that I haven't been getting adequate amounts of sleep at night or taking naps during the day. I'm physically exhausted, but my mind wants to keep pushing forward. (The coffee might be helping with that.)

I've come to realize that we cannot be consumed by the past. What was done in the past is over. It cannot be altered. We must be intentional about what we are doing in the present and be looking towards the future. That just reminded me of the LORD's promise to the Israelites in Isaiah 43:19. What a sweet promise! Read the entire chapter if you have time. It's really good!

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. -Isaiah 43:19

So from now on I will attempt to be more diligent in my studies and push listening to music and editing photos off to the side, because they are of lesser value than getting a quality education here at Cedarville University. God has blessed me immensely by placing me here at this university, for such a time as this (Esther 4:14). It would be a shame to neglect the work that God has given me for lesser things.




1 comment:

Sara said...

Wise words & thoughts my friend! I've been struggling with the opposite lately.. focusing TOO much time on schoolwork and neglecting important things, such as devos. Plus I've felt the stress of not relaxing, which I've come to learn is apparently pretty important too!