Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Meme

All pictures are from two Christmases ago in Papua New Guinea. Miss those days!


















1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? His elves do the wrapping, of course.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights. I like variety and white lights are just, well, plain. No offense if you like 'em. I just prefer colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, and I don't plan to in the near future.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually we put them up on the first Saturday in December, although this year we'll be putting them up over Thanksgiving break because I'll be home then. :)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sweet Potato Casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Doing Advent with my family every Sunday night and then going to the Christmas Eve service.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember when...I never really believed in Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, and usually more than one. Since I grew up in Papua New Guinea, our grandparents would send us presents and we opened those after the Christmas Eve service at church. We would wait until Christmas morning to open the presents from our parents and each other, along with our stockings. Nowadays, we still open a gift on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have lots and lots of ornaments that we've collected over the years from different people. Some are pretty glass balls and others are cute animals. We also put colored lights and garlands around the tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I hate snow! Who can blame me when I didn't grow up with it and I can't stand the cold, either?


12. Can you ice skate? Yes, although I'm not very good at it. The last time I did it was over the past summer in July with the family I was staying with for 7 weeks.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It was either the American Girl Doll I received when I was 11 years old or the guinea pig cage my dad made for me when I was 12, but I really loved all the gifts I received over the years.


14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and remembering the reason for the season: Jesus Christ.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Gingerbread Cookies.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to the Wilsons' house on Christmas Day and spending the day eating, playing games, and laughing with Sarah, Jonita, and the rest of the gang. =]


17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving gifts! It's such a blessing to give and give without expecting anything in return.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They're yummy sometimes and yucky other times...

20. Favorite Christmas show? Umm, I don't have one...

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Just kidding. But I really don't like snow...

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? This Is Christmas by Plus One or Season of Love by 4Him. I can't decide!


You should do this Christmas Meme, too! Let me know if you do. =]

1 comment:

Jess Craig said...

sweet potato casserole FTW!