Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scripture and a Snapshot: November 15th

Last Tuesday I was pretty discouraged and depressed to the point that I skipped one of my classes to pray and read my Bible. My heart was overwhelmed with all of the schoolwork I had to do and failing friendships. It was then that I stumbled upon the following verse, which I posted to Facebook and Twitter for all my friends and followers to see. The LORD used the entirety of Psalm 34 to bring me out of the rut I was in and give me renewed joy and strength in Him.







I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are discouraged take heart. Come, let us tell of the LORD's greatness; let us exalt his name together. -Psalm 34:1-3

If you're struggling to let go of your fears or you're discouraged at heart today, read Psalm 34. Go ahead and read it even if you're feeling on top of the world because the words are just so encouraging!



























3 comments:

Meg said...

Amen! Great scripture and photos.

Kati said...

Last year my family was thrown into the midst of a big disagreement about a certain person who followed a different religion being a leader in our local Christian homeschool group. This certain member sent a heated email out to the whole group of members which started a long line of back and forth emails. We had thought about quietly removing ourselves from the group but the Lord helped the situation and it quited down. Mostly. My sister's friend was the other side and when they tried to talk about it the friend wouldn't let her voice why she thought what she did. The friend wrote a rather nasty blog post about my sister. A few days later her friend removed her whole blog and unfriended her from Facebook. She has made a few appearences on my sister's blog in the comment section still fighting over it and streaching the truth to make it look like Kristin was always at fault. Kristin has stayed positive through this whole process and putting her trust in the Lord. More than being concerned about her own broken friendship she is concerned for her son who was best friends with her friend's son. They were put in the middle and had nothing to do with this whole mess. The friends moved to another part of the country (which they had been planning for a while) and my nephew was spared the pain of losing a friend through unrest and disagreement.

So anyway, I said all this to encourage you that the Lord is always with you and that you only have to turn to him to find peace. I think you know this already but I find that it is always comforting to hear it again.

Anonymous said...

Lovely :) I just read it. I really, really needed that.