Friday, November 4, 2011

November Scripture Memory Challenge

Dear friends,

I know I promised to post more this week, but as is often the case, this week has gotten busier. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know about a Scripture Memory Challenge I'm doing this month. I just found out about it last night and since I keep sensing God leading me to get back in the habit of memorizing passages of Scripture, that's what I'm going to do. God is challenging me to make good habits in every area of life, one step at a time.



This month I'll be memorizing Psalms. At the beginning of this year I decided that I would like to memorize the entire book of Psalms over the course of a few years and so far I've only memorized Psalms 1-5 so I'm starting with Psalm 6. The past few days of November I have been been revisiting Psalms 1-5 and making sure that I still remember them.


























Today's passage is Psalm 6:1-2: "O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my body is in agony."

You can still join today if you're up for a challenge! The hosts are hoping for more entrants so if you feel God's call, don't delay.

Have a lovely Friday!

1 comment:

Kati said...

I join the challenge! Thank you for posting this.

Hope you have a lovely Friday, too.