Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 Days Away!









































































In just 3 days Christmas will be here! My family and I already opened up our gifts tonight since we're leaving for California tomorrow. The gifts my parents gave me weren't very exciting at all, but at least I enjoyed watching my family open their gifts. 

Afterwards I had an online virtual party with friends on a website for cavy owners. I don't own any anymore, but I'm definitely planning on getting more in a couple of years. We had a Secret Santa gift exchange so we got together to open our gifts and just hang out. It was tons of fun and I received great gifts, including a Starbucks kit with a green mug, cookies, and coffee. 

In the midst of all of the bright holiday lights, decorations, and parties, it's easy to be overwhelmed and stressed. Take a moment to relax and reflect on the real reason for Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. 

But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,
are only a small village among all the people of Judah.
Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you,
one whose origins are from the distant past.
The people of Israel will be abandoned to their enemies
until the woman in labor gives birth.
Then at last his fellow countrymen
will return from exile to their own land.
And he will stand to lead his flock with the LORD’s strength,
in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
Then his people will live there undisturbed,
for he will be highly honored around the world.
And he will be the source of peace.

-Micah 5:2-5




If you're looking for some new tunes to listen to this Christmas season, I have just the album for you! A Merry Mixtape has six songs and it's free on NoiseTrade! My favorite song on the album is While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks with Hallelujah. Let me know what yours is if you download the album!

The next time I post I should be in California!

2 comments:

Leslie Anna Walker said...

You are such a great photographer Jessica! :) Your house looks so warm and cozy. Love it!

Anonymous said...

We read that scripture in Micah today. Lovely, isn't it?